Saturday 8 October 2011

Newton's First Law of Life

Lately I've been fascinated by how much science is a metaphor for life.
Newton's First Law of Physics is (simply put):

Objects in motion tend to stay in motion. Objects at rest tend to stay at rest.

I've always believed that SOMETHING happens when one dies. I've never thought it possible for a soul to simply disappear. That would go against too many laws in science, such as Newton's First Law and the Law of Conservation of Mass/Energy. Matter cannot be created or destroyed. And so is the case with one's spirit or soul (depending on the word you use, I mean it in the "personality" sense).
Newton's First Law of Life (restated by me):

Things that exist stay in existence. Things that don't exist never come into existence. Things just are the way they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment